St. James’ Episcopal Church
The Rev. Paul R. Briggs II, Interim Rector
9 September 2021
Dear Beloved in Christ,
Here are the details you need to be aware of for our picnic this coming Sunday from Diane Berger:
- Please wear a facemask and use the hand sanitizer provided at the beginning of the food line before selecting your food.
- Food will be served cafeteria style. Servers will wear masks and gloves. This will help to limit the utensils for coming in contact with many hands.
- Please keep at least an arms’s length distance between you and the person in front of you. Social distant as best you can.
- try to limit lines to 10-12 people. Food stations will be spread out in the parking lot. If the grill area is crowded go the side dishes, desserts, or drinks until the line lessens.
- We have 6 chairs at each table for social distancing. If you feel comfortable with more people at the table, feel free to move as you wish. Extra chairs will be by the office door.
- Be patient with us. This setup is new to us, so we’ll work out kinks as we go. Thanks for your understanding.
There will be no parking in the spaces across from the church office. Thanks for your cooperation! See you Sunday!
Thank you, Diane, for helping keep us Covid safe. You and your committee have done a fantastic job of thinking through all the logistics and Sunday is promising to be a terrific day, weatherwise.
I would like to add a reminder that we return to our regular schedule this weekend of 5 p.m. on Saturday and 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. on Sunday. We welcome Ron Hemmel as our organist at 10:15. Mary Ann Bursk is heading up an effort to “redo” our nametags so I hope you will seek her out to order your new nametag with lanyard. Nametags are particularly helpful when we have visitors, when we have events that combine people from each of the three services, and in making a new rector feel at home more quickly!
UPCOMING AT ST. JAMES
September 11th and 12th Homecoming Weekend, Return to regular service schedule of Saturday 5 p.m.,
Sunday 8 a.m. & 10:15 a.m
September 11th Outdoor Eucharist 5:00 p.m.
September 12th Homecoming Sunday: Eucharist at 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. followed by catered picnic lunch
P.S.Help us find a good home for the Cunningham grand piano located in the Great Hall. It is free but you will need to arrange for moving. Contact the parish office if interested.
Our Parish Administrator, Joanna Magee is in the office M-F from 9-12:30. She may be contacted at 215-757-3766 or email@example.com